On the trail of Hastings’ Concrete King

Few people have left their mark on a town as profoundly as Little has on the East Sussex seaside-resort of Hastings. Appointed the town’s Borough and Water Engineer in 1926, he helped shape Hastings for 34 years. It was Little’s expertise and enthusiasm for reinforced concrete that earned him the nickname “The Concrete King” and it was with this material that he left his mark on Hastings, much of which can still be seen today.

Read more

The Old Parsonage, West Dean (East Sussex) – The oldest continuously inhabited rectory in the country

The building was supposedly constructed by Benedictine Monks from the nearby Wilmington Priory in 1280. It continued to be used by the clergy until 1970 when it was sold into private ownership. It remains occupied to this day, so we ask other Odd Day Outer’s to be mindful not to disturb the occupants.

Read more